This course is designed for first responders, animal control officers and veterinarians and will cover safe and effective extraction techniques and appropriate equipment to be used in the technical rescue of large animals.
Topics to be Covered:
- Emergency and disaster preparedness for large animals based on the Incident Command System
- Large animal senses and behavior—normal and stress related
- Containment and restraint
- Critical medical concerns
- Roles of specific responders
- Simple manipulation methods
- Facility evacuation planning
- Emergency field humane euthanasia
- Equipment recommendations and instructions for use
- Discussion of different rescue conditions and scenarios
- Using community resources
- Demos and hands-on exercises of behavior, approach, handling, restraint,leading
- And much more…
This course is part of the 5 day New England Animal Control/Humane Academy but is offered as a single day workshop for $130.00 (This includes parking fee and lunch.)
Registration and book pre-order may be completed on-line or with downloaded print form from New England Animal Control/Humane Academy. Registration deadline is July 14, 2014.
Technical Large Animal Emergency Rescue ©2008, 444 pgs. may be ordered at the reduced Academy price of $120.
For More Information:
Click here to download the course brochure (pdf).
About the Course:
Email: Dr. Rebecca Gimenez or call 214- 679-3629; Technical Large Animal Emergency Rescue
Email University Conferences and Catering
Stillings Dining Hall, 20 Ballard St.
Durham, NH 03824
(phone) 603-862-1900; (fax) 603-862-0245
About the New England Animal Control/Humane Academy:
Email Jerilee Zezula or call 603-767-6856; New England Animal Control/Humane Academy
Hosted by the New England Animal Control Humane Academy.
Leave a Reply